Thursday 26 December 2013

Music of the Moment #3

I actually seem to be keeping up with this "series"...
Huh! Who would have thought it?
This post will probably be a bit longer than the rest because I've actually been loving 5 different artists/bands.
But nevertheless they are al noteworthy and well worth a listen if you get the chance!



1/ Flood of Red
First up we have a fairly unknown band. Flood of Red came into my life when I was just perusing the internet, hopping from one youtube video to the next. I came across these little gems and never looked back. I think they come from Scotland and are currently recording their second album? But don't quote me on that!
I wouldn't really know what to categorise them as, other than good. 
Their song 'Like Elephants' is my favourite. 


2/ Bastille

Aaah Bastille! There has certainly been a hype around these lot hasn't there?!
Following the debut of their album 'Bad Blood' they have absolutely exploded with success. 
I found out about them over a year ago, they played a local venue, and absolutely fell in love!
'Flaw's' was one of the first songs I heard and is one of my favourites. 
As well as their studio stuff I really enjoy their Radio 1 Live Lounges. 
So diverse, definitely give them a listen!



3/ Dashboard Confessional

During my OTH (One Tree Hill for those of you novice's ;)) I was absolutely obsessed with DC!
They were a staple on the OTH soundtrack and were recently featured on the Jennifers Body soundtrack. 
I absolutely adore these and Chris Carrabba's voice asbolutely melts my heart!



4/ Panic! At the Disco

My teenage years are certainly coming out now!
Panic! recently released there new album named 'Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die!'
I was a bit sceptical to listen to it to be honest, I never really liked Panic! only the odd song. 
But I listened, I loved, and I never looked back!



5/ Regina Spektor

The voice of an angel. I love Regina Spektor and her music just makes me feel so happy. 
You know that music? 
That music you listen to on a warm, but cold, Autumn day? 
She resembles perfection for me. 
And these past few months I've rediscovered this love and I can't get enough, and neither should you!


I hope you enjoyed this edition! A lot heavier than the other's, but given I've had a lot of spare time I've had a lot of music to listen to!
What music do you love at the moment?

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment