Monday 13 January 2014

The Season of the Chapped Lip.

Ugh winter.
Ugh cold.
Ugh chapped lips.




     So it's that time of year; winter has well and truly settled upon us. 
Being in England, winter doesn't properly hit us until about the middle of January. 
However! Being in England also means that chapped lips are forever a problem; between the wind/cold weather or the wind/hot weather chapped and dry lips always seem to be a problem for me. 

I've used lip balms (and all their relatives) for years now.
Since I was little my parents would always buy lip balms and moisturisers for me *thanks to eczema* I've always been prone to very dry skin. 

I mentioned this in my December Favourites, but Carmex has been a real life saver. 
Retailing between £2-4 (depending where you shop) it's a very reasonable price for a lip balm that works!

Recently I've had the flu and in between inhaling soup and sticking tissues up my nose (TMI? this seems like a TMI...) I just haven't had the time or patience to apply lip balm and let it sink in. 

As such my lips have become a dry and chapped mess! 
They have even start to hurt and bleed a little bit. 

But yesterday I started to feel a little better and applied layers of Carmex to my sore lips. 
No matter what state my lips are in, I always reach for this lip balm. 



As I mentioned in my favourites I use the Strawberry flavour, purely because the Cherry has a little bit too much of a menthol effect on me, and actually hurts my chest a little (?!)

This lip balm just sunk right in! Even a few hours after applying it I could feel my lips were starting to feel better. 
I applied it with my finger in a sort of rubbing motion, so that I could get a little exfoliation in there. 

At first it's a little tingly, but you soon get used to it, and even start to enjoy it(?) after a while. 
The smell is delightful and it has an SPF of 15 which is perfect to protect your lips from the suns harsh rays. 

Overall I really rate this product and I think, no I'm certain, that this is going to be a staple in my skin care routine (LIFE) for a long time to come!

Have you tried Carmex?
What did you think of it? :)

Much love
Deanna
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment