Saturday 12 July 2014

The Make-up ¦ Everyday Grungey Lip

 



I'm not really feeling the name of this post, but I couldn't think of anything else to call it. I don't think this is grungy at all (we are saying that grunge is a style here, inspired by the music genre), at least it doesn't come across in the photos as grungy. However in real life I promise it's much more darker/brown toned. Ever since Kylie Jenner hit puberty and found lip-liner everyone's been on the perfect lip-colour hunt. I found this gorgeous colour from No7's Moisture Drench Lipstick called Romantic. It's a lovely brown, nude that has a slight pink undertone running through it.

I dab this on top of my natural lip colour because I really like how it works with my natural tone. I can't really explain this colour without doing it an injustice but it's a more natural version of what would be considered a "grungy" colour. Hence the everyday title. I just love throwing this on with a dab of concealer, slick of mascara a little bit of a cream eyeshadow. I look "done" without putting any real effort or thought into the look. I really think grungy, 90's inspired looks are making a comeback but they are having a subtle feminine twist on them this time. Think Sky Ferreira mixed with Emma Stone. Kylie Jenner is a slightly more masculine version of this (in the terms of how she puts together outfits) but a worthy candidate for inspiration.

What do you think about the revival of the 90's make-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment