Sunday 20 July 2014

The Skin Care ¦ Back to Basics



A few months ago I was very comfortable with my skin-care routine. It had everything I thought I needed in there and nothing was getting worse so I thought I had a pretty good routine. But that's the issue, I was at a bit of a standstill. I was still breaking out a little bit but like I said nothing was getting out of hand so I just stuck with it. I recently ran out of a few of my standard products and for some reason I didn't feel the need to repurchase them. I think it was divine intervention, personally.

This forced me to have a bit of a reshuffle of my ENTIRE skin care stash; cleansers, moisturisers, the lot! I'll be doing another post on how I remove my make-up and my cleansing routine but for now I'm just going to focus on the post cleansing situation. I cleanse with the No 7 Cleansing Balm; I did switch this up for my Simple Gel Wash but that was just drying out my skin again. So I started using this and my skin is acting a little more normal, rather than extremely dry. I no longer use a serum. I go straight from cleanser to eye cream. I apply the Simple Eye Balm liberally on the eye area. I then take the Simple Kind To Skin Light Moisturising Lotion and apply this everywhere. I apply this on to my face, neck, collar-bone/shoulders area and my ears. Including these areas into my routine has helped a lot as well, I don't break out as much on my neck. I get little bumps every now and then but that's usual. I let this moisturiser sink in and then apply a bit of a thicker moisturiser; the Garnier Moisture Match for normal to dry skin. I like this for adding another layer of moisture which I really need. And that's it. That's everything. This is my routine for morning and night. On some days I will use my standard SPF (Soap and Glory) on top of my moisturiser but I've been skipping this step lately and just applying my make-up. The change to my skin is incredible; it looks and feels so much less congested, suffocated and just looks fresher. So if you're a bit frustrated with your skin care try going back to basics. Have you ever tried this method?



















No comments:

Post a Comment