Sunday 5 January 2014

I Never Thought I'd See This

Red Lipstick. Need I say any more?

Before I get on to the review I should put a little disclaimer here and say I am not a lipstick wearer.
I stick to lip balms and nude shades, I just do not think I have the face to pull off red lipstick.
And having braces makes it a lot more awkward. 

However, I picked up this Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in the shade 12.
I think this may be discontinued now as I picked it up at a heavily discounted rate of £1.48.
But don't fret, there are similar colours in the newer lines!


 The reason I was somewhat drawn to this one was because it tends to favour on the orange side of the red lipstick spectrum. 
Being of a fair complexion I don't tend to suit pink tones all to well, but oranges work nicely. 
There is a definite cool undertone to this lipstick which I really like as well. 

In the picture above you can see that I am not wearing too much make-up. 
I am wearing subtle liner, mascara, concealer and a slight contour. 
With this colour especially I wouldn't wear too much other make-up (eye shadow etc)
as it can tend to over power the lip colour. 
And the lips really are the star of the show here. 

I think if you're looking to work your way into red lipsticks this is quite nice. 
As it can definitely be sheared out to more of a subtle pop of colour; put a lip balm or lip gloss over the top and you're done!



 The staying power of this lipstick is rather marvellous as well. 
Even now I cannot get the full swatch off of my hand, I'm left with a subtle stain of where it used to be. 
Makes it perfect for day or night. 
The lighting in the photo above makes it seem much more pinker than it is.
I would firmly suggest you go and swatch it for yourself, to get a feel for what it's like against your skin tone.

Overall I really like this lipstick and I think it is a wonderful way to add a pop of colour to your look and is sure to last. 

Have you tried any of the Kate Moss lipsticks?
What did you think?

Much love
Deanna xo






No comments:

Post a Comment