Sunday 6 October 2013

REVIEW: Lancôme - Teint Miracle

Another lunchtime peruse in Boots another naughty purchase. This time it was Lancôme's Teint Miracle.


You will have to excuse the shoddy camera work/lighting/everything here as I am still experimenting with a set up in which to take photos! I like the idea of using this patterned background... thoughts?

Firstly lets talk about briefly what this foundation claims to do:

"See yourself in a new light with Lancôme’s skin perfecting foundation, Teint Miracle. Teint Miracle helps recreate and boost the skin’s luminosity. Instantly, complexion appears flawless and luminous, as if lit-from-within. With SPF 15, it’s time to discover your skin’s inner light with Teint Miracle."

Now firstly I have to say that I consider this foundation to be a medium coverage foundation, which can very much be built up to be full coverage. It helps blur imperfections while given the skin a luminosity so that it doesn't look too much like "foundation".



The photos above are one pump of the foundation and you can see here that it is fairly thick! It also disperses quite a fair amount of product for one pump. I find that I only need about half a pump to cover my entire face. I have taken two photos, one with flash one without for your viewing pleasure ;)
It is also worth noting that this foundation does contain SPF 15 which may be great for the day time when we want as much protection as humanly possible, but for the night time, you may look washed out in photographs.
Personally I like the washed out look on my skin, due to my awkward skin tone, but others may want to add a bit of bronzer to warm it up a bit or opt for an SPF free foundation.


Here you can see that it does blend into your skin, but it is quite thick! Although despite me saying that, when wearing this foundation I don't feel like I do with other foundations. It seems to sink into the skin effortlessly, rather than "sit on top".

I also have to mention that this is the most expensive foundation that I currently own! Retailing at £27.50 it isn't the cheapest, but by no means is it the most expensive. I think £27.50 is a reasonable price, although my debit card may disagree with you! As mentioned before, I only needed half a pump to cover my entire face, so although it may be cause your purse to quibble with fear, it will most certainly last me a long time!

Although the makers of Lancôme sell this foundation to instantly give a flawless complexion, I have to disagree. I think if I was to be having a "good skin" day then it would most definitely be more than adequate on its own, but I did find myself reaching for the concealer to hide them pesky dark circles and a few break-outs!

Another positive note is the shade range! This particular foundation comes in 18 shades, with the lightest shade being Beige Ivoire - 005 and the darkest Acajou - 15. I was matched to the lightest shade 005, which is a tad too dark for me, but not noticeably so! I've had many compliments wearing this foundation.

Overall I think this is a beautiful foundation and worth every single penny! Lightweight and medium coverage this foundation is lovely! Paired with concealer and powder it provides a flawless finish that is sure to be great for the next few winter months. The smell of it is delightful and not at all offensive. All in all a foundation worthy of the name!

Have you had the chance to try this yet? What did you think? :)

-x-





No comments:

Post a Comment