Monday 25 November 2013

Music of the Moment #2

As I promised here is the second instalment of "Music of the Moment". 
Musically I haven't been that adventurous but rather discovering old favourites. 
It seems I've hit a musical standstill and I don't quite know where to go. Normally I pick one song/band and listen to it over and over again. 
I digress, here are some bands/songs I think you might enjoy. 


1/ The Joy Formidable

I cannot express my love for this band enough. 
It's perfection wrapped up in a beautifully synchronised group. 
The Welsh alternative rock group are made up of three members:
Ritzy Bryan (lead vocals, guitar), Rhydian Dafydd (bass, backing vocals) and Matthew James Thomas (drums, percussion). 
Their music manages to capture an emotion that I cannot quite put my finger on, it almost makes you feel invincible. If that's at all possible. 
Here are a few songs you should check out, but honestly, listen to all of their albums. 



2/ Modest Mouse. 

Now everyone and their dad's know Modest Mouse. I have loved them for the longest time. 
A perfect blend of Isaac Brooks voice (and guitar), Jeremiah Green's drums, and bassist Eric Judy, their music is soulful with a humorous note. 
They know what they're about and they don't try to pretend to be something else. 
Aptly named "Modest" Mouse, they are blissfully unaware of how amazing they are. 
Today's music industry is loud, full of young hopefuls desperately trying to get their voice heard, and in this loud noise-haze is Modest Mouse. 
A quiet footprint on today's music industry. 
Just check them out. 




3/ Two Door Cinema Club.

A feel god band if you've ever heard one. Their collection of upbeat tunes with the peaceful voice of Alex Trimble (also rhythm guitar, beats and synths) perfectly meshing with the lead guitarist Sam Halliday (also backing vocals) and bassist Kevin Baird (also backing vocals). 
This Northern-Irish trio have been ones to watch for years now, but it's just within the last year that I've really listened to them. 
Have a listen if you haven't already. 



So that's it for this second instalment of this series! 
I hope you enjoyed it.
Do let me know who you're favourite artists/bands/musicians are at the moment. 

Hope you've had a good day! 
:)

Much love
Deanna xo


No comments:

Post a Comment