Thursday 26 December 2013

Houston, We Had a Problem.

I had a problem. 
Winter was fast approaching. 
Icy paths. 
Slippery leaves everywhere. 
The dreaded puddle. 
And I had no suitable shoes to wear to see me through. 


I haven't had a proper pair of winter boots in about 2 years now so I thought I was due some! 
I'v always been attracted to military.biker boots but never thought I could pull them off. 
A dash of courage and a reasonable price tag later I now finally own a pair!

I found these beauties in Shoe Zone. To be totally honest, this is where I buy the majority of my shoes. 
There are definitely a few hits and misses at this shop, however, I definitely think it is overlooked and underrated!
I went in there in a desperate search of a decent pair of winter boots at a reasonable price. 
I had tried many other shops but nothing had turned up!
I either wasn't fond of the style of them or the hefty price tag put me off. 
I'm not one to pay more than £30 on a pair of shoes. 
Coats now that's a different story and a separate blog post!

Again, I'm going off on a tangent! 
Back to the boots. 
I tried on a few pairs but these ones came up top of the pile!
I think the height of them is perfect and hit's my leg just right.
Any longer and I would've looked stumpy, but any shorter and my legs would've been way out of proportion to my body. 

Another element I loved was how they go wider at the base. I love this kind of shoe!
Because I have slightly chunky, but quite long legs a wide base is lovely at balancing me out. 
This feature would also become practical when walking, as it gives a larger surface area, therefore less chance of falling over (bit of science there for you!)


These pair set me back a mere £19.99. And for that sort of price I simply cannot argue! 
Oh! Did I mention the inside is bright pink? I'm sure some of you out there would love that. 

The only question now is will they stand the test of time and last me through the winter. 
I'll keep you updated!

I plan on uploading a OOTD with these soon so keep your eyes peeled!

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment