Thursday 26 December 2013

Winter Skincare Night-Time Routine

As we are now well and truly submerged into the colder months I am now fully submerged into my winter skincare routine. 
The cold weather kind of snuck up on us, didn't it?!
One minute I had all elements of my skin under control and the next I was reaching for every lotion and potion out there!
So I thought I would write a little post about my Winter Skincare Routine. 
I wear a little bit more make-up in the winter, as I feel like I can get away with it not all melting off.
As such I have stepped up my cleansing routine. 

First up is L'Oreal Paris' 3 in 1 Miscellar Water. I soak 2 cotton pads with this stuff and hold them on my eye's for a good 10-20 seconds and then give a good rub to get the majority of my eye make-up off. 
This stuff is very, very good. And for £2 (offer at Asda, wink-wink) I was gobsmacked with how good it was! 
People have dubbed it "out version of Bioderma". Now I haven't tried Bioderma, but I can imagine it to be a bit more lotion-ey(?) if that's even a word. 
A bit more richer. 
However L'Oreal Paris' offering sure gets the job done. 

Next I go in with No 7's Cleansing Lotion. Previous to this I had been using their infamous cleansing balm, but after about a 3 month trial I found it to be far too rich for my skin. Far too rich to use everyday that is, and it was causing me to break out every which way. 
But since I switched to this I haven't had any real big spots *fingers crossed*. 
I take a large offering of this rub it in to my skin and leave it to sit for a couple of minutes before removing it with some cotton pads. I find this stuff to be amazing; the texture, the smell, how it works. It's a delight. 
Sometimes I'll go in with this cleanser a second time just to give my skin a deep clean. 

Next I go in with my Simple Cleansing Lotion to get rid of any leftover face make-up and eye make-up. I take a very generous helping and smooth it all over my face, before removing it with cotton pads, and repeating another 2 times. 
This may seem excessive but even after cleansing 3 times I still feel like their is make-up on my skin. 
Probably the OCD coming out in me.

Even after all this cleansing I still feel a bit "grubby". Simple's Refreshing Facial Wash Gel is my next go to product. This is recently new within my skin care routine but I have to say I like it! For as long as I can remember I've had a scrub in my routine, and facial wash gels were something I quickly dismissed, but after trying this I'm almost converted. I love how refreshing this is and how it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight/dry/overly greasy. It's a happy medium.

I then use the Nivea Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream on areas of my face where I get extra dry. Eyelids, under eyes, and around my nose. This acts as a sort of base. I then add a few drops of NSPA's facial oil (available at Asda) warm it up between my hands and then pat it into my face. I wait about 5-10 minutes so it has time to absorb.

Eye cream is something quite new to me, but my eyes have been puffy, dry and just not right lately. So I saw the Simple's Kind To Eye Balm and decided to try it out. I take a tiny bit between both of my ring fingers and pat it under my eye and a bit on my brow bone, focusing on the orbital bone.

Finally I moisturise. I've dabbled in moisturisers trying almost every formulation possible but I always come back to Simple Protecting Light Moisturiser. The first moisturiser I've ever repurchased. I love how light and cooling this is, moisturising my face while acting as a nice base under make-up.

Sorry for that long-winded post! My skin has just been so dehydrated lately that I've been loading it with products and *fingers crossed* it's working!

What's new in your skin-care routine this winter?

Much love
Deanna xo



*I have not been endorsed or paid by any of the brands or links mentioned. These are all my own opinions and are informed by me.*

No comments:

Post a Comment