Friday 31 January 2014

Film Friday #3 - Sixteen Candles


I've been pretty exhausted recently, quite a lot has gone on in my personal life. As such, the reviews you've seen have all been scheduled posts that I done last week. Clever ey' ;)


I've started going back to uni (although reluctantly) so it's been a bit hard trying to find the time to blog, do work and just chill. I've found myself worrying quite a bit. Even as I'm writing this I'm fighting back the yawns while trying to force my eyelids to stay open. So, please forgive any spelling mistakes that you might see. That'll just be me nodding off mid sentence!

Because of the aforementioned tiredness I've found myself reaching for some old favourites!

Sixteen Candles is one of the ultimate chick flick 80's movies. Directed by John Hughes and starring his muse Molly Ringwald, I found this film to offer so much comfort.There's something about an old cheesy, classic film that just has the ability to ease me instantly. No fuss just film, a cup of tea and my bed. 

It follows a girl (Ringwald) who is about to turn sixteen, a pivotal point in any teenagers life. However her parents forget her birthday due to her older sister getting married. Our protagonist is also fairly ignored by the one person whose attention she desperately craves. We follow her over a few days through a series of trials and revelations including having to deal with the exchange student her Grandparents have allowed to stay with them. 

I won't bore you too much with the detail because changes are you've already seen it and if you haven't then you've definitely heard of it! If you're feeling a little bit shit and just want to chill out I highly recommend any John Hughes film. They're perfect for getting lost into and just diving into this classically American film. 

On another note, this is kind of turning into a bit of an update but oh well, I'm thinking of changing the layout on here a little bit. Obviously, because I only see my blog from this end, I don't really know anyone else's opinion on it. I want to change up the writing style a little bit so it flows a bit better because at the minute I'm just wiring whatever comes to my mind. So if you have any comments they would be greatly appreciated! 

My next post should be January favourites if I ever get round to deciding what to include! Hope you've all had a lovely day and have a lovely weekend. 

Much love,
Deanna xo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deanna! I love your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster award. Check out my blog http://katiebrecommends.blogspot.co.uk

    Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou beaut! I've only just seen this and just answered! xxxx

      Delete