Wednesday 29 January 2014

Music of the Moment #5



image source

I haven't done one of these for a while so thought I'd update y'all a bit on a what music I've been loving. 
To be totally honest I haven't really been listening to music a whole lot the past few weeks. 
I tend to go through "stages" where I'll listen to music non-stop or I'll watch films and I tend to alternate between the two. 
Since the introduction of 'Film Friday' I've been watching more films and listening to less music. 
However I've been listening to a few artists non-stop. 

1/ City and Colour

Dallas Green. Need I say any more?
Dallas' dreamy voice accompanied with an acoustic guitar is just the epitome of perfection!
I think this kind of music is perfect for when you want to listen to music but you don't really know what you want to listen to. I think Dallas' music also acts perfectly as background music for anything. Not intrusive at all, just simply there. I've been really into soft music recently; I go through phases. I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be rocking out to Dallas' other band; Alexisonfire. 
But for now listen to a few of these:



2/ Jake Bugg

Now over the past few months this guy has blown up pretty big. 
He's even been compared to a young Bob Dylan. Personally I disagree, I think he has his own voice and is quite different to Dylan. 
I first heard the song "Lightening Bolt" and fell in love with the song "Broken". Buggs distinctive voice is, like Green, accompanied by an acoustic guitar and not much else. But they don't need anything else. That's what I love about this music it just exists and doesn't try to be anything. You probably have checked out Jake Bugg because he's been everywhere but these are a couple of songs I've been loving.



I hope you enjoyed this edition of Music of the Moment. 

What music have you been loving recently?

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment