Tuesday 28 January 2014

Dream Cream Team.

[Bourjois Colour Edition 24 Hour Cream Eyeshadows ¦ RRP: £6.99 ¦ Prune Nocturne and Or Desir]

I picked up these two cream eye shadows a few months back but never got round to reviewing them. These cream to powder eye shadows are pretty darn good. 
I picked up the shadows Prune Nocturne and Or Desir. 
I don't normally go for cream to powder finishes and I don't normally go for these sorts of colours so I was expecting to be surprised.



These super blendable shadows are gorgeous. 
Prune Nocturne is kind of a plummy purple with a little bit of shimmer running through. 
I was a little bit sceptical about the shimmer but don't fret, this soon can be buffed away so you are left with a beautiful iridescent shade on the lid. 
I have also found that this purple has a slight cool tone brown running through it which makes it really wearable. 



I like to take this on my ring finger pack a little onto my lid and then blend. 
I repeat this method until I get the desired effect. 



Being a powder finish these are really smooth to work with, set really nicely and last all day. 
I find that this shade is nice to create a sort of effortlessly grungey eye and the slight shimmer adds a bit more of a wearable dimension to the look.

Or Desir is kind of a cool toned champagne pink with a little bit of shimmer running through. 
The colour in the pot is a little deceiving though as it goes on a little darker than you can see here, but as with Prune Nocturne, you can really blend it out to give a subtle shimmer. 



I like to use this shade as a little bit of an inner corner highlight or even as a transitional colour for the purple shade. 
These shadows also work brilliantly as a base for other eye shadows. 
If I'm doing a particularly smokey eye that day then I really like using either shade first just as a base and as a transition from the dark colour. 



I really enjoy the effect of adding brown on top of the purple shade as the purple kind of shows through adding a different dimension to ordinary brown shadow. 

Retailing currently for £6.99 I don't think I'd pick up any more shades as none of the others really take my fancy. Plus I find the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's to be far more wearable. Despite that I would repurchase these two shades.

Have you tried these yet?

Much love
Deanna xo




No comments:

Post a Comment