Monday 27 January 2014

A Little Brightening Was All I Needed.


Although I tend to generally steer away from brightening on the rest of my face, brightening under my eyes is much needed!

I haven't really suffered with terrible dark circles, but as the years have gone on they seem to be getting increasingly worse. I know it's not down to too little sleep as I sleep A LOT. 
I have a feeling it's because I wear glasses; both my parents wear glasses and their under eye bags have worsened.
But who knows?! I could be wrong!

I have tried out this concealer by Collection before but never really got on with it. 
I found it a bit tricky to blend out and it didn't really do anything. 


But I saw it on offer for £3.99 and thought I'd give it another try, naively hoping that maybe they had changed the formulae or my skin had changed. Although the formulae is still the same, my skin has changed. I found that this blended it quite well under my eyes and sat well on top of my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I don't actually use the nib that comes with it to apply this. 

I'm more favourable of twisting the end to get a little bit out and then wiping it on the back of my hand and then applying it. I find this to be a little more hygienic and I actually have a little more control over where the product goes and how much is applied this way. 
I always find that the nib can get a little clogged with product so if I applied straight from the pen then it would just end up a mess. 
Despite that I think the packaging it quite nifty and especially handy when on the go and a touch up is needed.



I found it to be averagely brightening. It didn't wow me. 
But I think if you're on a budget, or don't have quite bad under eye circles this could definitely work for you. 

I know that I would repurchase. 

What's your favourite under-eye brightener?

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment