Sunday 26 January 2014

The Matte Look.

[Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer ¦ RRP: £11.99]

As I've mentioned before I am partial to a matte/satin finish to my make-up, the Revlon Photoready Primer is a perfect addition to my routine to achieve this. 
Much like the Bourjois one I can either add this to my foundation or work it into my skin before foundation so I have a nice base to work on. 

I prefer to put this straight on my skin before foundation. I find that this works best as it helps mattify any shine that could come through, it also helps mattify any residue left over from where I've moisturised. 

This light pink serum works best when using a tiny amount. 
I have found that when over applied you can have an almost patchy, white cast over your face, which isn't great. Another downside if over applied is that the primer can actually start lifting up and peel away. 



However, with the bad comes the good. A little goes a long way with this primer. 
All I do is add about a pea size to the centre of my face and smooth it all in. 
I then let that sink in while doing the rest of my makeup, and then come back to foundation/concealer. 

If I let it sink in like this, I actually find I need less foundation or concealer as this acts as a neutraliser to cancel out the redness I have. I also find, quite weirdly, it helps to disguise blemishes. Especially under the skin type blemishes. 



This has no real noticeable scent and any scent that could possibly be picked up on immediately goes away once applied. It definitely helps my make-up stay in place just that little bit longer. When I use this I have really noticed that where concealer would normally wear away, it doesn't. 



It's just really nice at smoothing out everything and really acting as a perfecter. 
This is my second bottle of the stuff and I would happily repurchase it. 
It currently retails for £11.99, but I would happily pay that as it works. 
It works for my skin, so what more could I ask?



As you can see here, even on my hand, it's helped to smooth everything out. 

Have you tried this primer yet?
Or any of the Photoready range?

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment