Saturday 25 January 2014

Maybe It's Holy Grail?


I don't really like using the term "holy grail". 
I always seem to find something better. 
My skin and beauty mood are so indecisive at the moment that any form of holy grail product will soon be swept under the rug for a different offering. 

However, despite this, I may have found a really nice foundation. 
L'Oreal True Match Foundation in C1: Rose Ivory is definitely one to watch. 

I should mention that I don't really wear foundation all that often. 
I just don't feel it necessary. 
I have wonderful concealers and my skin isn't that bad. 
It definitely doesn't call for a full coverage foundation every day. 

I prefer to pin point conceal and to do a general powder rather than layer up the foundation. 
I find it sort of suffocates my skin and I have found, with lot's of experimentation, that my skin likes to breathe.

But when the event calls for it, I always pull out this!

I find that you have to work fairly quickly with this product as it does set. 
So I take one section of my face at a time. 
Starting in the middle, working outwards I buff this in using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. 

This is quite a thick foundation and dries to a semi-matte, more satin, finish. 
Definitely not dewey and you will for sure need to moisturise before hand if you have dry skin.
Coverage wise it's quite good. Definitely buildable. but if you have any real obvious blemishes then you'll probably need to conceal a lil bit. 



The one massive pro about this foundation is the shade range. 
I struggle to find a foundation that matches me, even in the high end spectrum, let alone at the drugstore. 
However the True Match line is really varied, even going as far as to match to your undertone. 
Mine being pink, I got the very lightest shade in the range that was available to me C1.
This is a pretty good match as drug-store foundations go.

When I picked this up it was on offer for £6.99 but currently retails for £9.99.
Although Superdrug and Boots are always doing offers so you can always waggle it to fit in with your budget. 
However I think £9.99 for this foundation is a fair price, as long as you get your shade right. 

Have you tried this foundation?
What's a holy grail item of yours?

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment