Thursday 23 January 2014

Meh-Scara.

[Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex Mascara ¦ RRP: £6.99 ¦ Currently on Offer for £4.99]

I had big hopes for the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex mascara but was left kinda disappointed. 


I picked this up when it first came out a few months back. There was an introductory price of £4.99 so I knew if it didn't work out I wasn't going to lose much. 

This mascara claims to use "lycra flex technology" to elongate and create voluminous lashes. 
The Lycra Flex element is important as this is apparently what allows you to build and build up layers of this without it clumping or flaking. 

This was true. 
I was able to build up the mascara quite a bit and it didn't feel like I had too much on. 
It also didn't flake throughout the day, which was a plus. 
And for a non-waterproof mascara, this was pretty waterproof. 




"So why didn't you like it?" I hear you ask.
Well it just didn't do anything for my lashes... at all!
It just left my lashes kind of sad. 

They weren't voluminous, didn't hold a curl and just almost flopped. 
Although the colour was a true black and gave a nice even coating, it wasn't worth sacrificing lifted lashes for a good colour.
I have quite flat lashes anyway, but this just made them worse.



The brush wasn't even hard to use!
It comes with a pretty big brush that I initially found quite hard to use without blobbing everywhere, but even that didn't put me off. 
I don't mind working with a product in order to get the best out of it. 




But even with curled lashes this mascara just did nothing for me. 

I can imagine that if you have lifted lashes already you would get on with this quite nicely as you can build it up. 
So if thickness is something your after I'd give it a go but for me this was a bit of a no-no. 

Have you tried this mascara?
What did you think?

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment