Saturday 4 January 2014

The Makeover - Bedroom Edition

Any opportunity is a blogging opportunity, right?
I am currently scouring pinterest for design inspiration and thought I would share with you lot what I've found. 


 
I haven't had my bedroom redecorated in about 5 years, 
so it's definitely due for a change. 
There are holes in the walls, the furniture is slowly falling apart and it's safe to say my tastes have changed since I was 13 years old!

I seem to be more attracted to masculine home decor, and my room really doesn't reflect this. 

1/ PAINT
White. 
I have no other real colour scheme. For the longest time I wanted white and green, but after a shift in perspective, and how my room is laid out, I have decided to paint my entire room white. 
Because of how my room is, I need to maximise space and maximise light. 
Doing my make-up at the moment is a nightmare, but I think taking down posters (which are covering up holes) and painting it a simple white will be ideal.
As we are going into spring soon, it's a lovely colour to have!

2/ BED
My bed right now is actually the top of a bunk bed. 
I used to have a bunk bed, a double on bottom and a single on top. 
But I foolishly decided to cut the top bed off, keep that, and throw away my double bed. 
*slaps wrist*
Now after many years of deciding do I want a double bed? 
Do I want to sacrifice that space?
Is it a wise decision?
I have decided yes! My bed isn't comfy now; I was always comfier in a double bed. 

I spotted this one in Homebase a while ago, and fell in love! It's in the sale now, so I'm going to nab it before it's sold out! 
I love simplistic furniture. I have a little OCD and mess makes me very anxious.
I've kept this in mind while picking out items, and I'm picking out pieces that are clean and chic.
Whilst not compromising on style.
I adore this bed, and I think I will style it exactly how it's style here (with the addition of some cushions and throws!)

3/ FURNITURE 
To put it bluntly my furniture is absolutely knackered! 
I've had it for about 10 + years now and they are starting to show signs of age. 
I'm normally not too bothered about things such as desks, wardrobes etc. 
But I really want to have a room that I'm proud of. 


Deciding against the traditional wardrobe I have opted to instead have a clothes rail!
I am quite proud of my wardrobe; everything is colour coordinated, everything flows and I'm proud. 
I used to have rubbish fashion sense and it's safe to say I've improved!
I plan to put this next to my desk, in the least dustiest place in my room. 
I just love the idea of displaying things, and I love the idea that I can look at my clothes any time I want to.
Rather than them be locked away in a wooden cave!

Being a student I need somewhere decent to study. 
It's safe to say my desk right now has seen better days. 
The drawers are falling out. They're dirty from when I had make-up in there. 
I need a new one!
I fell in love with this dark brown one here:

I love the finish, the hidden storage on the sides, everything! 
The size is perfect as well, and it doesn't clash with the rest of the room. 

4/ ACCESSORIES 
For me the accessories, much like an outfit, can make or break the room.
It's okay to have great furniture but if you have nothing to tie it all together then it can all go down hill!
One of the main accessories I plan to add to my room is shelving. 
It is certainly lacking now, and I need somewhere to store my books. As right now they're on top of my wardrobe. 
I think adding little shelves to my desk area would look delightful. 

I also want to add coat hooks! Random, but bare with me. 
I have a lot of coats, bags and scarves. 
I hate putting them in my wardrobe and the idea of putting them on the clothing rail doesn't appeal. 
So I came up with the idea to have a series of 2 sets of coat hooks running down my wall. 
One for coats. 
One for bags.
One for scarves, hats etc!


I love these as they look very chic, while being practical. 
What a winner!

As well as a desk being important I need a good chair. 
A comfortable chair.


This one looks like it'd do the job perfectly. 

Now the pièce de résistance of he entire room!
(And what I actually based my room around)
These two (FAKE) deer/moose heads. 


Now they might be pricey, but they look oh so worth it!
I adore these two and cannot pick between them. 
They are made to order and are not real, they are made out of resin and wood. 
I think these are the epitome of masculine decor and make a wonderful addition. 

Storage is a big problem as well. 
I'm hoping to get these two in some form or another as a way of efficiently storing everything I have in a neat way. 


The chest in particular is my favourite and if I get it I plan on staining it to match the desk. 

And there it is folks! What I have so far. 
I plan on almost "getting stuff as I go along". 
I find things come along a lot better as a whole when they just flow, rather than forcing pieces to be together. 

I should mention I had one thought in my mind when designing my room and it was "I'm going to take this stuff when I move out". 
I have carefully thought out each piece as a piece that could possibly go into my new home. 
As I am looking to move out in the next couple of years, I love the idea of taking all of these pieces with me. 
(I already have a sofa, coffee table etc picked out. But sssh)

I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope that maybe it inspired you!

As always
Much love
Deanna xo


No comments:

Post a Comment