Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013: The Round Up

Now, I think we can all agree that 2013 has flown by at lightening speed! 
Everything seems to have come around at once, I don't think I've had time to sit down and re-evaluate everything. 
Despite it's ups and downs 2013 was full of good memories and pivotal points. 
From finishing 6th Form, to starting university, to starting a blog I thought it would be good to try and encompass all of these into a blog post. 



1/ My 18th Birthday

My Lord! This was a pivotal moment for me. 
With my birthday being right at the end of August I was the last of my friends to turn 18. Everyone was so eagerly anticipating this moment, it almost didn't seem real when it eventually happened. 
After me begging my parents for months on end they finally caved and let me have a party and boy was it a good'en. I had an amazing night with all of my favourites, despite some bad moments, I had a wonderful day! And it's one day that'll stay with me. 

2/ Starting University/Leaving Sixth Form/Results

I was so scared to leave 6th Form this year. All through the first part of the year it didn't seem real, then May came out of nowhere and before I knew it I was sitting my exams and saying goodbye to everyone. 


I never thought I'd be going to university, so it came as such a surprise when I got my results and actually got in! This is one of my most proud achievements to date, I was never more happy. 
However starting universities had it's downsides, but now 3 months in I'm now starting to enjoy it. 

3/ Summer Ball

Now this was quite a big thing for me. My prom (which was 3 years ago now) was terrible. Everything from my dress, to my make-up, to my hair to the actual night went wrong! So I saw this as a "do-over". 
I carefully picked my dress to suit me. 
I trialled my hair and make-up months before the date to make sure it would 
a) last all night
b)look good
and c) be easy and fuss free on the day. 
I was so pleased with how everything turned out and it was a beautiful night with beautiful people! 
I even managed to get compliments from people I've never talked to properly before. And always being one of the "un-popular" people this was amazing. 
Even better, I felt confident. 
I felt amazing. 
I'm so glad I went and it was amazing!

4/Fringe

This year was also the year I decided to bring back my fringe. 
I used to have a fringe for as long as I remember then at about age 8/9 I grew it out. 
I then had it cut back in in 2010 but quickly grew it out. 
And as winter rolled around again this year I thought why not?!
Safe to say I've grown it out again but the thought was there ;)



5/Blog

This year was the year I also started this blog! 
I had been toying with the idea and then my friend Ashleigh started her blog and kind of inspired me to start mine.
I'm so glad I did! I love writing this blog and I find it such a nice release. And I'm 100% sure my sister is grateful she doesn't have to sit and listen to me ramble about make-up to her any more. 

6/Parties

Parties seemed to be a recurring theme this year. 
As it was the last year me and my friends were going to be together properly we definitely went out with  bang! 
Here are a few photos from them:





I hope 2013 has been as kind to you!
What was your favourite memory from this year?

Lets hope that 2014 will be even better. 
I hope you've had a lovely Christmas/Holidays :)

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment