Friday 20 June 2014

Summer Time Make-Up



For Spring/Summer not only do I like to switch up my wardrobe and skincare, I also like to switch up my make-up. During the winter I definitely favour towards the reds, purples and brown colours with very little foundation and next to no blush/bronzer. However for Summer, especially this year, I find myself gravitating towards fresh (but flawless) skin, bronzed/blushed/highlighted cheeks, a subtle pop of colour on the lid, subtle liner and barely there brows. Due to this bare palette I like to take this chance to switch out my lipsticks and try a few I never normally would've.

First up I use the Illamasqua concealer in 105. I ordered this when Illmasqua had a sale a while back and naturally I went for the palest shade possible, ohhh what a big mistake this was! I got the concealer and as you can see it is white. I had no idea how I was going to use it, but just recently I've been using it in place of a primer underneath my foundation; specifically under my eyes, on top of my nose and my chin. I find it helps my foundation sit better and just "look better".


I then go in with my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain; this is the palest shade in the line up and is actually a little too pale for me however it works. This shade has a very noticeable pink undertone, light coverage, easy to build up and has a beautifully dewy finish. I personally use my fingers to place it on in key areas and my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to then buff it in. I'm not going to go too much into detail because I have a more in depth review coming up soon! I then quickly dot on some Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair) all over my blemishes and just a little under my eyes and blend in with my Elf Concealer Brush.


I then proceed to fill in my eyebrows! I'm not blessed with full brows so I do what I can by filling them in with some brow powder and setting them with the Natural Collection Clear Mascara. I have experimented with brow colours quite a lot, but right now I'm using the shade Lavish from the MUA Undress Me Too Palette. This is a matt grey/brown colour with purple/red undertones which I really love. I use my Barry M Angled Brush to apply this with.



I then apply the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold all over the lid and just blend it using my concealer brush. After a quick curl of my eyelashes I'll then apply a Maybelling eyeliner in Brown (no longer available), which is a perfect warm brown that really enhances the green in my eyes and just frames both my top and bottom eyelashes lovely. I often switch between this and a black winged eyeliner.


Applying my mascara is probably my favourite part of my routine; mascara just immediately changes my entire face. It makes you look so much more alive and just "put together". I know I wrote a slightly less than raving review about the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex Mascara (here), but now it's dried up a little bit I'm actually starting to like it. Although the brush is massive and it's hard to get to grips with, it holds a curl well, lengthens and adds volume so what more can you ask for?


With eyes now done, I now move onto finishing off my face. Firstly I take quite a bit of of the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder on a R/T Foundation Brush and really pack it on underneath my eyes and where I get really shiny. I like to think of this as "pin point powdering"; I only powder right where the shine is. Just before I finish my entire routine I brush off the excess with a clean powder brush. Taking my R/T Stippling Brush I go into my George at Asda Bronzer in No.1 Radiant and gently bronze up my face. Going through my cheek bones, onto my temples and forehead, and moving down to my neck gently sweeping across the centre of my face.



I picked this up for £1.50 in a sale and thought I would give it a go as I have never really got into bronzers and I'm really impressed! Although the staying power is great, it does the job. AND ITS MATT! It is so hard to find a matt bronzer on the high street let alone for £1.50! Next I take my George at Asda Blusher in No.1 Rosy, which is a lovely dusty rosy pink with a slight shimmer running through it. This doubles up as a highlighter for me, as it adds a nice rosy glow on the cheeks while keeping things nice a glowy. The colour of this is divine and works brilliantly against my pale complexion! I picked this up for £1.50 as well, bargain!

Just recently I have gotten into contouring and for this I use my NYX Blusher in Taupe. A perfect mix of grey, brown and purple to create a subtle shade against my fair complexion. I carve out my cheek bones, temples and the end of my nose with this.




We're nearly there, just to pick a lip colour! I keep three in my everyday makeup bag. First up the No 7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Romantic. This perfect nude, but not really a nude, colour works lovely with this look. I love the pink tones that are running through it. 


Next up is the Revlon Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait. This has a lot of shimmer running through it and I didn't think I would love it but it works really well for Summer. It just adds a subtle colour of pink and the shimmer adds a little glow, making your lips look plump and juicy. 


And finally is the Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight. I recently picked this up and I initially didn't like the obvious orange/brown tone running through it but it's growing on me and I find myself gravitating towards it for everyday wear.


So that's it my (almost) everyday make-up routine! I've never really done this before, so apologies for the angles and dodgy photos. But I hope you enjoyed it, nevertheless.

What is in your current make-up routine? :)

-Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment