Wednesday 25 June 2014

The Clothes ¦ Denim Dilemma



A big summer style staple this season is that of a denim shirt. In my opinion denim shirts are among one of the easiest pieces of clothing to style; whether worn as an oversized shirt-dress, a loose top or as an extra layer of warmth, denim will always have a place in my wardrobe. Here I have shown you how I like to wear a denim shirt. I got this one here from George at Asda, but you can find some similar pretty much in every clothing store.


My personal style is very laid back, I never put too much thought into outfits and I really like everything to flow and be really organic. I don't want it to look like I've put effort in, so I don't. Pretty simple. I'm also a big fan of my basics; tees, vest tops, back skinnies, pair of normal jeans and a few graphic tees thrown in for good measure. I personally like to have a denim shirt incredibly oversized so that it has an almost tunic/shirt-dress vibe, very casual. Can you tell I'm an art student? 



I normally pair this shirt with a pair of opaque black leggings and boots. Simple but effective. I then like to add a few accessories such as a watch, bag and the gold hand collar chain you can see above. I love this collar chain as it's so versatile, it adds just a subtle bit of interest to an otherwise boring collared shirt. I also love how it detracts the attention from the button down top and creates another level of interest to help break up the shirt. I then added my trusty Store 21 heeled boots. This look almost pirate-like to me, but I love it. It elongates my legs and steps the outfit up from casual to smart casual. Adding a heel boot is another effortless way to add style to a boring outfit


I hope you enjoyed reading. I actually quite like doing outfit posts like these but rarely post them as I feel my style is quite boring and generic. Let me know, if you liked this!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment