Wednesday 18 June 2014

The Morning Skin Care Switch-Up ¦ Summer Edition


 If you read my Skin Care regime back in the winter times you'll already know that I don't really like to switch out my skin care a lot. I know what works for my skin and I'm very quick to realise what doesn't. However with the warmer months creeping back up on us (yes it even gets warm here in England) I was well aware that I needed to re-introduce some products and push some products to the back of the shelf.

CLEANSER:



You may be aware that I like to switch up my cleansers. It's one of the things that I feel dramatically changes my skin. During the winter months I favour creamier, balm type cleansers (see here) but during the summer months I'm more inclined to try gel cleansers. When you've just finished removing all your make-up the last thing you want to do is cover your skin back up with something really heavy, especially during the warmer months, I like to keep everything fresh, clean and fuss free. The Simples Gel Cleanser is brilliant and I've done a more in depth review not too long ago. But it leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, although slightly stripped, I don't mind this effect as I really feel like I'm getting a deep clean.

TONER/EXFOLIATING:



As y'all know I love a good exfoliator. I just love the feeling of scrubbing away at my skin, I just feel like it's really doing something and really cleaning it. Just lately, as soon as I've finished up with my cleanser, I've been using the Tea Tree Exfoliating Pads. Caroline Hirons convinced me in one of her videos to introduce exfoliating pads into my routine and I love tea tree so it was a winner all round really! These have two sides to the, one rough and one soft. I go in with the rough side onto dry skin and really give a good rub to my face and neck, then I smooth over with the smooth side just to help calm things down. I use these morning and night after my cleanser and I find they work a treat!


As for toner I haven't really found any on the highstreet that do it for me; they all either too harsh or they just don't do anything. So I went out and got a spray bottle and made my own. I add about 10-20 drops of tea tree oil to distilled water and then just sprtiz on my face. A bottle like this normally lasts me about 2-3 weeks. I use tea tree for everything and always have a bottle lying around the house so it was a no brainer really (and cheap!)

SERUM:



I'm not particularly committed to serums if I'm completely honest. I very much like to keep this par tof my routine quite diverse. But lately I've been really loving the No 7 Pore Minimising Serum. Now this shouldn't work for my skin and it should, in theory, dry it out to no avail (considering the main ingredient is alcohol!). But it really does work and I really like it. The smell is horrendous (a mixture of vodka and nappies) but this soon evaporates and it sinks lovely. I've been suing this for nearly 3 weeks and I have noticed my pores have, although not dramatically, reduced in size. I shall endeavour to keep you updated!

MOISTURISER(S):



I like to pile on the moisturisers. I'm really not fussy when it comes to this part, either. As long as it moisturises, sinks in and has no residue I'm game! Firstly I like to use the Soap and Glory Youth Shield SPF 50 lotion. I've been using this stuff for a good few months now and I really like it. It sinks in really nicely and doesn't leave a nasty greasy feeling to the skin. I picked this up when it was on offer in Boots and it was a bargain!



I also like to follow this up with my regular moisturiser; I've been loving recently the Simple Light Moisturiser, the gel/lotion hybrid is beautiful. It sinks in like a dream and is really cooling on the skin and because it's Simple, it contains no nasty chemicals which is one of the reasons I was drawn to it. It's an old favourite of mine but definitely a goodie! Definitely one to pick up if you're looking for a cheap moisturiser and you're just getting introduced to skin care.



Sometimes I will follow this up with Garnier's Creme Moisturiser for dry/very dry skin. But only if I feel that my skin is particularly parched that day! It skins in lovely but leaves a slight residue, but nothing that can't be buffed away once make-up is applied.

EYE CREAMS:



Eye creams are something I'm not familiar with at all. I just go with whatever's on offer, to be completely honest. However I really love Simple's Kinda to Eyes Eye Cream, it's a lovely lightweight formula, not too different to the moisturiser, that sinks into the eye area lovely. I also really like using their Roll On for when my eye area is particularly puffy or just in need of a cooling down.



If I know I'm not doing anything that day I will had a bit of the B. energised brightening eye cream just to the orbital bone area of my eye. The reason I save this for make-up free days is because I have found that it tends to roll of a bit once make-up is applied to it. I have found it has an almost mattifying property which really puts me off it, but I am determined to use it up! So I definitely wouldn't recommend this product but I throw it in for good measure.



So that's it for my summer skin care! I hope you enjoyed reading this or at least gained a few tips from it. For summer I basically like to keep everything light and fresh and really stick to what I know.

Hey you should also check out my post all about Tea Tree Oil!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment