Tuesday 17 June 2014

Zara Office Bags Cousin


                                           Zara City Bag: Zara ¦ RRP: £59.99 ¦ No longer available

If you haven't heard of the Zara Office City Bag, then where on earth have you been?! The bag just mentioned has become somewhat of a staple amongst beauty bloggers and youtubers a like and as such has grown quite a big cult following on the online world. So it rightly should, it's apt size and chic black leather with gold detailing is absolutely to die for! Practical and stylish. But what about it's City cousin?

I have been on search for a stylish but durable and comfy bag for what seems like forever. I thought I would have found one in the form of many of the satchels I have bought over the past year or so, but none have come up to par. They all come with their problems; not big enough for me to store all of my uni supplies, not comfortable enough for me to be able to carry on my shoulder, not durable (to the point where all of my stuff falls out and I'm left walking to the station carrying my bag!). Being a university student a bag has to tick off a full check-list of criteria before it makes the cut.

And here comes in the Zara City Bag. It is made up of 3-5 main components (depending how you look at it). It has two zips down each side which open up to reveal to fairly large pockets. It even has a cushioned i-Pad holder in one. Then when you open the bag you have to open compartments; one has all the necessary holes to put cards, lipstick etc. The other is almost like a little pouch which can be filled to your hearts desire. Then you have the middle pocket. This is almost designed (for me anyhow) to be a "secret" pocket where you keep all your lady things; make-up, emergency lens wipes and of course emergency plasters. Seems like the perfect bag, non? Well it gets better!


This bag is designed to be held in your typical fashion; on the crook of your arm. But it also came equipped with a shoulder strap. The durability of both of these is outstanding. Normally my bags last a few months, top's. This one (so far) has lasted me a good 6 months. Also noteworthy is the thickness of the shoulder strap, this allows for weight to be distributed more evenly across your shoulder which causes less strain on both you, and the bag.


The black and gold colouring allows makes it flexible and I have yet to find an outfit it clashes with. At £59.99 it isn't cheap, but if you're like me and like to invest in accessories (such as scarves, coats, hats, bags, jewllery etc) then you will really get your moneys worth out of this. I use this bag for pretty much everything now and it has served me well. Although it is a bit Mary Poppin's-esque, I don't mind that as I like to over-fill my bag with stuff I never use but feel naked without!


Alas all the bags I've had before now have had to be resigned as only "weekend/going out" bags. I'm sure you're asking, "But why did you get the Office City Bag?" well! Zara was having a sale and the Office City bag had been dropped to £29.99 and had actually sold out. I do fear now though, that the Office City Bag might have been a bit too big for my everyday-uni-life.



Simply fate!

No comments:

Post a Comment