Wednesday 16 July 2014

Lifestyle ¦ A Healthy Breakfast Recipe


I'm about a month into my healthy eating quest and so far it's going okay. When you live in a household where you aren't responsible for the main food shop it can be quite hard to be healthy, especially the kind of healthy I would like to be. However every now and then I like to buy a few easy, and more importantly cheap, ingredients that allow me to be a little more healthier with my meals.

A standard breakfast for me normally consists of 2 scrambled eggs and nothing more. I also tend to have a pint (or 2) of water and a cup of green tea before this, but I like to keep my breakfast minimal. I find that if I start my day with a massive breakfast it just makes me hungrier throughout the day and I eat a lot more, more often. Where as if I have something small I feel full and satisfied without wanting to eat a couple of hours later. I decided to experiment today with something a bit more fruity. In here we have 2 spoonfuls of fat free, natural, vegan vanilla yoghurt with one chopped banana and some warmed up summer berries. The yoghurt was 90p, the banana's were 56p for a bunch and the summer berries were £1.98 for 500g. I was impressed with how cheap this was, and these ingredients will easily last me 5 days.

If you don't like it like this, you can throw it all into a blender with some flax-seed or chia seed, some pineapple (I forgot pineapple this time), and whatever you fancy and make a smoothie with it. One tip I have is to buy frozen berries; they're cheaper and you get more for your money. Throw some berries in a bowl, put them in the microwave for a few minutes and put them on top of your breakfast and you have fresh fruit with added natural syrup. Easy peasy! In the bowl above there was actually too much for me and I couldn't finish it all. Experiment with fruit and see what you come up with! Let me know some healthy recipes you know down in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment