Thursday 3 July 2014

The Favourites ¦ June


Can you believe that my first, last and ONLY favourites post was in December?! Blimey I've really been out of touch with blogging for a while! I had quite a lot of favourites this month but I managed to narrow it down to these few, I suppose after not doing a favourites for 6 months I've accumulated a lot of products. So let's get down to business...



If you had told me this time a month ago I'd be using a hair oil I would've laughed in your face but low and behold I've got one in my faves. This oil is a blend of all nutritious oils that are great for your hair. I take 2 pumps in my hand, tip my wet hair upside down and work the oil into the ends/mid-lengths of my hair. Because of the copious amounts of hair dye in my hair it's gotten a little dry on the ends and this works lovely to just soothe the cuticle of the hair and make everything sleek and shiny. I also picked this up on sale for £6.66. 




My word, Garnier have really been on point with their recent releases! From their skin care, to their recently released body care line to their stab at hair care I'm loving it. Garnier will always have a soft spot in my heart as a brand. This shampoo and conditioner duo work together with a blend of argan oil and cranberry to help illuminate the hair and bring it back to life. To be honest I would repurchase this just because of the smell! It's glorious! And it lingers on the hair so every time I turn my head I get a wift of it and it's beautiful. There's also a hair mask in the range which I really like. I also picked up their "Silky Smoother" shampoo and conditioner duo and I love them as equally as this. They both leave the hair shiny, healthy and not at all weighed down. I picked these up for £1.96 each at Superdrug. 



If you'll have seen my twitter you'll know that I gave myself a slight chemical peel on areas of my face due to me getting a little bit over excited by tea tree oil. I had a few pesky spots and was determined to get rid of them but alas ended up burning my skin instead! So all this past week has been about hydration, hydration, hydration! I use a hydrating cleanser (coming up next) wash my face, pat that dry then apply this mask. I think it's becoming obvious I'm a sucker for anything that smells good, especially if it smells of rose (looking at you Dior Creme de Rose). Leave this thick mask on for anything from 5 minutes to 5 hours and you'll notice a real difference. My skin has improved, I won't go as far to say hydrated/plump because I have severely dehydrated skin but I've definitely seen an improvement. Well worth the money!



Uhhhhh this is just beautiful! With a similar intense rose scent to the mask mentioned previously it melts into the skin purifying it but not stripping it. I've replaced my Simple Face Wash in favour of this for the past week because I'm really trying to inject some moisture into my skin and this has really worked especially in conjunction with the mask. I'm trying to savour this teeny weeny sample size because the full price is a little out of my budget for now. 



I got a sample of this in a magazine and it was love at first application. I normally shy away from lotions/butters/oils on my body because I don't like the feeling of having something on my skin. It just makes me feel icky and quite claustrophobic, especially when sleeping. But because this is a blend of lotion and oils it applies quick and easily like a lotion but sinks in beautifully like an oil. I really enjoy using this and it has really changed my routine up and not many things change my routine! I use this routinely morning and night all over my body and by the time I go to bed I just have wonderfully smooth skin. And because it sinks in quickly I don't have to stand around for ages; I can put clothes on straight away. Plus the smell is just gorgeous! If Garnier decided to expand their range to perfume and brought out this sent I'd be the first in line to get it. 




I speak about this later on in the week but I have really fallen head of heels for this liner! A simple flick of liner, bit of mascara and a bit of concealer and I'm ready for the day. And this liner has made doing that so much easier. Nice sturdy long nib, opaque application, quick drying all I've ever wanted in an eyeliner. I will definitely repurchase when I run out and I can't wait to try the navy one I have in my collection.

June was a fabulous month, albeit slightly boring. I hope you had a lovely month and do let me know some of your favourites down below!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment