Sunday 13 July 2014

The Make-Up ¦ Organisation


I just love organising my make-up. The process of going through all my products and setting them out into different categories, throwing some products away is all very therapeutic for me. Whenever I clean my room (which is about 1-2 times a week) I have to go through my make-up stash and see what I need to use more of and what I don't like and I always like to have a little shift around with different ways to organise it.


Recently I've come up with this way system of organising my make-up. First up we have this green stationary, plastic drawer set. Not the most glamorous of contraptions but I needed something quick to organise my make-up so in this came. In the first drawer I have all my base products; primers, concealers, back-up concealers, foundations, blush, bronzer, powder, the lot! Because I organise my make-up so rigorously I don't have that much of it. If I don't like something I'll just throw it away or give it to my sister. That way I keep a nice rotation amongst my stash.


The second drawer is made up of powder eye-shadows, cream eye-shadows, eye-liners, lip liners, mascara's, gel eye-liners, felt tip eye-liners, lipsticks, lip stains, chubby sticks, basically just a whole load of lip and eye products! I don't have too many lip products so I didn't really feel that they needed their own drawer. I also like the idea of a "full drawer" it kinda makes me feel like I don't need to buy any more make-up? A new little idea of mine, I'll let you know how I get on!


And the third and final drawer is full of my "everyday skincare". I put that in sarcastic quote marks because it's not technically my everyday skin care, just stuff I use regularly. The products I feel I need to get to easily, otherwise I'll just forget about them. So we have some skin care samples, some half used items, stuff I need to use up before it goes out of date. I go in this drawer everyday for moisturisers etc so it's easy for me to see what I gotta use!

Not the most majestic of storage contraptions but for now it does more than the job. I don't want to invest in Muji drawers, but I need something a little more sophisticated. If you get my drift? I hate acrylic storage, it just feels cheap to me. I shall update you if my storage situation changes!

How do you store your make-up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment