Sunday 6 July 2014

The Review ¦ Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in Black

I was casually perusing the magazine aisles at Asda when this magazine suddenly caught my eye. I don't normally go for Company magazine I'm normally an Elle type of woman but when I saw the gorgeous Alexa Chung on the cover and that there was a free Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner inside I just had to get it. Eyeko Liners normally retail for £12.00 and this with a magazine was on £2! Bargain!


Because I didn't pay much for it I didn't expect much but I'm so surprised by this eye liner! Because I was unfortunate enough to inherit hooded eyelids virtually every liquid/gel eyeliner I find imprints on my top lid before I've even set foot out of the house and as we are currently in Summer now I was desperately searching for something that would just stay put and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. I was stubborn in that I needed to find a gel formula because I thought that was the only thing that would work but this nifty little felt-pen works better than any gel forumlation I've tried.


The thin but sturdy nib allows you to get precise application where you need it. I don't worry to much about a thin nib because I start my eyeliner (generally) half way into my eyelid. However it's always a nice feature. The long nib also allows for you to glid the pen across your eyelid so that you get an even application and if you should so want a winged liner, it is perfect. Just draw a line where you want you wing and use the length of the pen to meet your lash line. This morning I did my eyeliner on both of my eyes in 2 minutes flat, wing and all! That has never happened before and I can safely say this is the easiest eyeliner I have ever used.


The formulae is nice and opaque as well although I do go over with a second coat just to make sure it is thick and black. And so far, it hasn't imprinted on to my crease/hooded part of my eye; result! 

So if you're nearby your local supermarket/newsagents then I highly recommend you pick this up! I should warn that they do have a navy colour as well (I went to go pick up that version this morning to try out whoops) and that you should look carefully at the label if you definitely want the black version. 

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment