Monday 7 July 2014

The Accessories ¦ My Favourite Jewellery Pieces


The last few months I have really been getting into jewellery/accessories. I was never really one to care about jewellery/scarves/handbags/accessories but at the moment I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to style my clothes as opposed to just throwing together an outfit and I've found that the easiest way to do that is to invest in my accessories. In my Zara Handbag Review I mentioned how I like to invest in my accessories but that train of thought hadn't become apparent to me until December time when I realised my wardrobe needed a bit of "blinging out".

First up I have this watch. You probably see it in a few of my outfit posts or just any post where I am holding anything because I wear it all the time! I got this nearly a year ago now for my 18th birthday; a more than generous gift from my wonderful parents! Although I was a little scared that I was going to break it at first it rarely leaves my wrist now. As it was a gift I don't have a link for you, apologies!


I talked about the collar chain in this blog post so I won't go too much into detail but I love this for just adding an element of interest to a collared shirt. The hands on the collar also add some character to the piece. I also love this long, chain crossed necklace that I picked up from Regal Rose. I picked up the 32 inch chain because I wanted it to sit under-the-boob, mid stomach height. I like how this piece can be layered up or worn by itself; a simple throw-on-and-go piece. 


I got the other gold necklace in a necklace-shirt duo from George that has been discontinued. I think I picked both the shirt and necklace up for £7 all together, which was an absolute steal! I always pair this necklace with jumpers and graphic teas as the waterfall effect really draws attention to the graphic design. It also adds another element of interest and is perfect for layering. Another item I love for layering is the gold bangle/bracelet. I got this for Christmas nearly 10 years go from my parents and I still wear it to this day. It's a little old and battered but I love it for that very reason, it has character. 



Lastly I have this spiked bracelet. In another life, this was a hand-chain that I bought off of Ebay years ago. I got it for about £2-3. Because of the low price I expected to be made very cheaply, which it is, but I still wear it a lot. After the rings of the hand-chain started to turn my fingers green I separated the bracelet from the rest and started to wear it by itself. I think it just adds an edge to any outfit. 




I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what jewellery you like! Are you a gold or silver gal?

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment