Tuesday 8 July 2014

The Review ¦ If You Buy One Thing This Summer

BOURJOIS 123 PERFECT CC CREAM ¦ £9.99

Since around Christmas time Bourjois have really been on point with their releases; with the likes of L'Oreal, Revlon and Maybelline upping their game and releasing some super cool products over the past 2 years, Bourjois kinda have fallen a bit behind in my books. I always see it as more of a "luxury" drugstore brand because some of their products are quite expensive for what they are, especially since most of the range is a little hit and miss, and they don't mix up their collections a whole lot.

But Bourjois' foundations have always been pretty good. Since the release of their 123 Perfect line I've found a little soft spot for the brand, especially for this little gem. The 123 Perfect CC Cream is a blend of 3 correcting pigments: Apricot to correct anti-fatigue, green to correct anti-redness and white to balance out those pesky dark-spots. Now I have to stress here that this is not your standard foundation, nor is it a tinted moisturiser and it's not a BB (Beauty Balm) Cream. CC (Colour Corrector) Creams are a whole new kettle of fish which I didn't want to buy into but I've fallen for this product.

It's a sheer, but quite buildable, coverage that isn't going to cover breakouts (but it doesn't claim to), however it does tone down the redness of them. It just evens out your skin tone, making it look like your skin but better. That phrase is thrown around a lot in the beauty world, but this really just melts into the skin. It's very well known that Bourjois are owned by Chanel (or they other way around, I don't know the logistics!) and we all know that Chanel's colour range is less than impressive and Bourjois are no different. I have the lightest shade, 31 Ivory and this is a tad too dark for me, but because it's so sheer I can make it work. Also reminiscent of Chanel foundations, it has a very noticeable scent, but I quite like it and it's not a deal-breaker for me however if you are offended by scents easily, I'd go in store and give this a whiff before you buy.

I don't know if I buy into the whole AA/BB/CC/DD Creams, but I do know that this works as a lovely sheer base for summer. I have found this applies best with my fingers, so I can really build it up and push it into my skin. If it needs it, I'll go over it lightly with my buffing brush but I don't put any extra product on. I do this more to settle my mind that everything is all blended. It dries to a demi-matte, almost satin, "lit from within" finish. The packaging is a bit "meh", It's a squeezy-tube-contraption (which is great for hygiene!) that has a tendency to leak a little bit and is a bit of a runny formulae but thats a bit of a whatever to me because the product is grand. And if you saw my Foundation Low Down you know that I don't like many base products.

If you buy one thing this summer, then pick up this. It's beautiful.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment