Wednesday 9 July 2014

The Clothes ¦ A Cardigan Love Affair


Autumn 2013 AKA the year I started my love affair with oversized cardigans. On those days when you're just not feeling it I always throw on a cardigan on top of whatever outfit I'm wearing and I'm set to go. They're my comfort zone in every sense of the word. I'm not exactly the skinniest of gals out there and I don't really claim to be, if anything I dress myself as a bigger size then what I am just because I like to be comfortable. I have a tummy, I have big hips, thighs and shoulders but unfortunately Mother Nature was a bit stingy in the boob department (maybe I was the last in line at her waiting room or I did something to really tick her off, who knows?!) But I work with what I've got, and that's the most important thing, shake what your Mumma gave ya, no matter what it is!

However I do like to cover up, just because that's how I'm comfortable. As I mentioned I'm a bit lack lustre in the boob area so I don't really like to draw attention to it. A perfect way I've found to do this is to wear a cardigan. I can be fashionable while being comfortable, plus an extra layer of warmth is always handy in England.


In general I go for boring colours in my wardrobe, I think it's because I find it easier to dress up an outfit then to dress down. So I have an array of brown, grey, beige and white. My personal favourite cardigan of the bunch is this really oversized, super worn in beige one. I think, once upon a time, this was white but now it's gone off white; I don't mind though. It's lovely and thick with gorgeous, wooden effect button details. The design of it makes it easy to snag it on a piece of furniture or something but in my opinion that just adds character and shows it's been worn. I can really tell that this will be in my wardrobe for years to come.


I also have a soft spot for this grey one, as it's quite fitted, but oversized at the same time. It also hits me perfectly, so I don't look too short or too tall. With my cardigans I think it best to just pair them with jeans/leggings and a tank top. If I'm going to be comfortable then I'm going to be comfortable all throughout my outfit. Throw on and go is my life motto. However I've also been taking inspiration from Anna (from Anna-Lee and Jesse) and pairing an oversized cardigan with a dress and some boots; simple and chic but with an edge.

Cardigans are pretty essential in English Summer, as it's too hot for a jacket but the wind makes it impossible to go out without something on so the solution is a cardigan. The English Summer Staple.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment