Thursday 10 July 2014

The Review ¦ Maybe Next Time?


MAYBELLINE NEW YORK THE FALSIES VOLUM' EXPRESS FLARED MASCARA - £7.99


Hmm. Yup, it's that product that everyone loves and raves about. I don't know what it is; whether I got the dodgy one in the batch, or one that had been opened, but I REALLY did not get on with this mascara. I had extremely high hopes for this (maybe that's where I went wrong) and expected it to perform magic on my normally flat lashes, but it just didn't live up to expectations.

First things first, it flakes like a b***h! I hadn't even left the house and half my mascara was flaking down my face. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. But it flaked a hell of a lot, compared to my other mascaras! I'm actually wearing it in my Eyeko Skinny Liner Review, and you can see it just made a mess of my eye make-up. Bare in mind that that was only one layer.

Another major con is the smell. At the time, I wasn't that familiar with Maybelline mascaras but after trying a few they just smell god awful. There's something quite addictive about it though, like a Sharpie. But it just smells fake and plastic; really old fashioned and not pleasant at all! The smell doesn't go away either, it lingers for a large majority of the day.

The formula is pretty naff as well. Where it promised flared, voluminous, lengthened lashes I was left with flat, weighted down lashes. Not a happy bunny, especially after I had just curled them. It's also quite weird, the formula, because throughout wear time it comes off so easily (through flaking, smudging, what have you) but when it comes to actually taking it off with make-up remover it just did not want to budge. I used a duo phase eye make-up remover, and I had to really scrub where I normally would just swipe.


Lastly, the packaging is awkward. The shape of it make it hard to hold the brush and get a precise application and the tube get's really dirty. My mascara's don't normally get dirty but the product just got everywhere. However, the brush was nice to use and allowed me to get right down to the root of the lash.

I don't know whether I'm just being a bit harsh on the product, or whatever circumstances could affect my judgement but I really did not like it. I honestly don't see how people can rave about this product so much. I have mascaras that are not only cheaper, but do a far better job than this!

Sorry Maybelline, maybe next time!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment