Tuesday 14 January 2014

Colour Me Purple



I've been eyeing up these nail polishes for a while and then I saw them on offer for £1.98 at Asda and snapped up this gem!

Appropriately called Black Cherries, this dark plummy purple is the perfect winter nail in a bottle for me!
This colour from Rimmel's Lasting Finish line was my favourite and I was instantly drawn to it. 

I always find myself instantly drawn to dark colours as I feel they look most flattering against my skin tone. I also often feel they look a lot more chic than brighter colours. 
With darker polishes there is also a lot more margin for error (for me anyway). 



These polishes apply like a dream. 
The brush is just wide enough to cover my entire nail, however, I like to go for the three stroke rule (just for good measure)

Opaque in two coats this colour has a slight iridescent shimmer running through it, which is extremely pretty and flattering in the light, but not noticeable enough to draw attention away from the actual colour. 

I was also surprisingly impressed with the formulae of this. 
It dried really quickly in between coats, didn't streak and is acceptably shiny without applying a top coat. 
I have had this colour on my nails for a few days now and there is no noticeable chipping. 

Nail polishes normally chip really easily on my nails as I am prone to my nails flaking, (thanks to years of biting them). 

This is my first Rimmel nail polish and I gotta admit it, I am darn well impressed. 
I don't want to go out on a limb here... but I think I might like these better than Barry M Polishes. 
I know I've only tried one colour from Rimmel, but I reaaaallly like it. 
And for a mere £1.98 can you argue?!



I'm already eyeing up the sparkly one for my next purchase!

Have you tried any of these nail polishes?
What did you think?

Much love
Deanna
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment