Friday 17 January 2014

Film Friday #1 - Heathers.

I haven't actually posted anything about films on here yet, so here goes.

Image Source.

I thought it would be a nice idea to start another series. 
This will probably follow the same series as Music of the Moment, however, I will be posting this series every Friday. 
Hence Film Friday. 

It will be a lot more consistent than Music of the Moment and will involve me sharing with you a quick review of one or two films I've really been enjoying that week. 
As a bit of a self confessed film fanatic I get through a lot of films and I thought it'd be a great idea to share with you guys what I thought. 

This week I'm talking about the 1988 film 'Heathers'. 
Staring the delightful Winona Ryder playing the lead Veronica and opposite her the broody Christian Slater playing J.D. 
This film centres around a clique in high school called the "Heathers". Made up of 3 girls named Heather and newly joined Veronica. 


Without giving too much away, because I'm aware some of you may not have seen it, the Heather's basically make life fairly unbearable for a lot of the students. 
Veronica reluctantly joins in on this, while remaining friends with everyone. 

She catches J.D's attention and they embark on a humorous tale of murder, sex, suicide, bombs and smoking. 

I really liked this film. I watched it on Youtube, so the quality was quite poor on there. 
But I really enjoyed it. 
It's your typical 80's film, really. 
A little silly. 

It somehow manages to take the idea of murder and suicide and turn it on it's head while putting a really funny an watch-able spin on it. 

A constant theme of revenge can be noticed, which is quite enjoyable as you don't actually feel too bad for the people that die. 

I really enjoyed this as it sort of embodies a fantasy theme that 80's films always seem to. 
You want to be there, in the moment and live their lives. 
I'm a big fan of anything Winona Ryder is in, really, and I always want to be her. 

She does a great job and I think is truly an underrated actress. 
Another actress who has had her personal life overshadow her career. 

Overall I really recommend this film to anyone that's a big fan of 80's films, or just a movie you want to watch over and over again!

A perfect rainy day film. 

Have you seen this?
What did you think?

Much love
Deanna 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment