Monday 24 February 2014

Liebster Award



I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend Katie (y'all should check her out she's awesome!). I had literally no idea what this was or what it included but a quick google search later and I think I'm pretty clued up. 
It's basically a super easy and fun way for other bloggers to connect with each other and help each other out. You set each other 11 questions and tag 11 people and then answer them questions in a blog post. Katie actually tagged me a while ago but I sorta missed the comment (oops!) and have only just got round to doing it. 

So without going on too long about it here are my questions and answers!

1) What is your go to makeup product?

Probably foundation or concealer. I feel that if you get your base right and have a really good, even complexion then you're good to go. I'm not too bothered about eyeshadow, mascara or eyebrows or anything but as long as my skin is look okay then I'll be fine.

2) High end or high street?

I think it depends. On average I'm probably a high street person. I don't tend to spend a lot on clothes or products really. I tend to see a lot more potential in high street pieces and I think if you pair a lot of great pieces together then it doesn't matter. You can't buy style!

3) Jeans or a dress?

Jeans, fo' sho! I have so much time for jeans. Although recently I've gotten into my dresses and skirts a lot more on a day-to-day basis it's gotta be a skinny jean. Or even a distressed jean. There's just something about denim that get's me.

4) Who is your celebrity style icon?

I don't really have a "celebrity style icon". I'm more inspired by bloggers and youtubers and my friends style. Or I take inspiration from pinterest. I am really liking Rita Ora, Rhianna and Cara Delevigne style. Like New York street chic is something I'm into at the moment. I'm also super into Drew Barrymore, Winona Ryder and just typical 90's grunge icons like that. I think they'll always influence my style. 

5) Why did you start blogging?

Boredom mostly. I didn't really have a lot of stuff going on in my life at the time, I was on a break from uni and I was super inspired by beauty and clothing but didn't have anywhere to put it. So I started this blog as a sort of outlet. I have all this knowledge and I wanted somewhere to put it and to maybe help people out. 

6) What is your favourite food?

Burgers! You can't beat a good burger.

7) Lipstick or eyeliner?

Eyeliner. I'm not a big lipstick fan and because I have braces I find lipstick doesn't look that cute on me. 

8) Fashion or makeup?

A year ago I would've for sure said make-up. But I'm slowly progressing more into the fashiony side of life. I've never been into fashion that much but I'm slowly starting to develop my own style and finding a real passion for fashion!

9) What can you not leave the house without?

Powder. I find that my whole face just goes sort of off as soon as that shine sets in. So I like to carry a bit of powder and a brush with me just for touch ups. I don't take that much make-up with me on a day-to-day basis but I've gotta have powder with me. 

10) Your favourite skincare product.

Toner. A weird one and not really a necessity but I love me some toner! It just feels so refreshing to spritz some toner on after you've cleansed. I use one that I actually made using water, green tea, mango, lemon and ginger tea and some tea tree oil. 

11) If you had to pick three products out of your makeup bag what would it be?

Concealer, Mascara and Lip balm. Like I said I'm all about having a good base but I also wear glasses so I want a bit of definition in the eye region and then my lips can get super dry so a good lip balm is always an essential!

Again a big thank-you to Katie for nominating me, it was real fun answering these questions!
My questions are...

1/ How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
2/ What are your skin care essentials?
3/ What's one of your holy grail products?
4/ Your go to summer outfit?
5/ Leggings or Jeans?
6/ Favourite high end product?
7/ Favourite blogging topic?
8/ Bright or nude lipstick?
9/ A product you were most disappointed with?
10/ Style icon? It can be anyone!
11/ Favourite blogger?

And for the nominees!

2/ Becca
3/ Becka
4/ Chloe
 and I couldn't really think of anyone else! So you've been tagged you beautiful ladies! Have fun! :)

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment