Friday 14 March 2014

Wake Me Up



I actually bought this concealer a while back but quickly dismissed it when I found it was way too dark for me. I find that to be a huge problem with drugstore concealers; I want to like them so much but they are way to orange and way to dark. Even if the formula is brilliant (looking at you Maybelline Fit Me). 
I tend to stick to Collection's offering as my standard concealer but as of late I've found it to be way too cakey for me! Especially under the eyes. As soon as I attempt to blend it out it just cakes and creases. And if there's one thing I hate more than the colour selection of concealers it's concealer that creases!
So I dug through my stash and found this and thought I'd give it another whirl. 


Although this is a tad too dark for me it blends out beautifully and really matches my skin tone. 
A simple dab and blend with either your finger or a fluffy concealer brush and you're set to go. This definitely brightens and highlights the under eye area without looking cakey or too glittery. It gives off a beautiful sheen that really does wake up your skin. 

One thing which I really like about it is that you can use it all over the face and it lets your skin breathe. Collections Lasting Perfection (for example purposes) is a little bit heavy and I've found recently that, yes it does cover up imperfections, but as a general concealer it tends to suffocate the skin. I much prefer to pin point with CLP. 

Lately I've been taking this and applying it to the bridge of my nose and the tops of my cheek bones where it just sinks in and gives your skin that little extra boost of brightness that it may need. 

I picked mine up for the ridiculous price of £1.98 at Asda but I believe it retails for about £5-6 which is a fair price. So if you're in doubt and find your under-eye area needs a little brightening I'd pick this up! It's really quite a little gem. I think the foundation may be on my list of things to pick up next...

Much love
Deanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment