Saturday 12 April 2014

REVIEW: Fushi Organic Hydrating Lip Balm


As of late my lips have been feeling super dry and really dehydrated. I've tried many different ways to try and get them looking relatively normal again but nothing has done the trick. I even tried my holy grail Carmex but even that couldn't make them feel right.
After a lengthy peruse on Feel Unique I found this lip balm. I had never heard of Fushi before and after a little bit of research I added it to my basket. The words "organic" and "hydrating" are what really made me go for it. I'm a huge fan of natural remedies and am totally for trying natural cures before trying something packed full of chemicals. Now don't get me wrong, chemicals do have there place cemented in industries (and rightly so) but I just prefer to keep things a little bit cleaner. My skin also seems to react better to natural, organic remedies. Too many chemicals and I can break out into all sorts of allergic reactions and so on!

This lip balm is packed full of essential oils, including Shea butter, Avocado oil, Jojoba oil and loads of other goodies (including bees wax!) To touch, this lip balm doesn't really feel like your typical lip balm, it's quite dry. When I first opened it up I expected it to be super creamy but it's the total opposite. But I persisted and I was really pleased. Once on the lips this dry formulae soon breaks down to quite an oily consistency and just soaks in beautifully. Because this has peppermint extract in it, it can feel a little bit tingly (much like the Carmex) but it's nothing offensive and I actually really like the tingle. It let's me know something's happening. The smell is nothing totally offensive either, but smell is totally an individual thing. Just because I like the smell doesn't mean you will! I'd describe it as a lime/lemon ice lolly mixed with mint. I love this and is completely nostalgic for me.

So far I've really enjoyed using this product. It doesn't last all too well but I don't mind topping it up. Also you get a full jar of the stuff; I was kind of shocked to see how far it's filled with product, not a lot of companies do that. You also aren't left with too much of a "lip-balm cast" on your lips, which I personally don't mind, but if that bothers you then you'll like this lip balm.

Currently retailing at £4:55, it won't break the bank so why not give it a try?

Have you ever tried anything from Fushi? What did you think of it? :)

Much love Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment