Monday 14 April 2014

Nude Eclipse

             Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer: 006 Nude Eclipse ¦ RRP £5.99

Lipsticks/lip-glosses/lip stains are all a bit foreign to me. Obviously I know what they are, I know what they do etc. I just never got into them. Even when I was 8 years old and playing around with all sorts of make-up lipstick never crossed my radar (I'm much more of an eyeshadow gal!)
So naturally when the Rimmel Apocalips launched around a year ago I didn't even bother with it. None of the shades seemed like anything I was interested in and they just didn't grab my attention. But just recently I've really got into my lip products and I've really gained an interest in what sorts are out there.
Lipsticks were always ignored because I simply thought they were too much trouble to maintain and I never could find a shade that suited me. But I recently saw Katie's Nude Lipstick Collection and this caught my eye. The shade she demonstrated was Nude Eclipse; interestingly I quickly wrote this off as being 'too orangey' for my skin tone. But I saw this on Katie's pale complexion and fell in love! It worked so well against her pale skin and I just knew I had to get it.


I didn't want to go too far from my natural lip colour as I find that these work best; pale colours are ma best friend. Although the lighting is way off in the picture above you can see how lovely and nude it is. It compliments my pale skin tone perfectly and doesn't look too orange. It was love at first lacquer!

This pictures a bit more true to colour!

They have a thick consistency that doesn't dry out the lips, they just set to an almost demi-matte/satin finish which is really durable! They last a nice enough time and wear beautifully. I don't mind too much if a lipstick doesn't last, as long as it wears away with too much flaking and too much general grubbiness. This wears effortlessly and almost transforms back to your natural lip colour.


It also has quite an interesting wand that is saturated with colour so you get a nice precise application and even colour. Making it perfect for a 'throw on and go' type of product. I don't really see any flaws with this product and it makes the perfect nude, especially for pale people. 

Have you tried any of the Rimmel Apocalips? What did you think? :)

1 comment:

  1. Hiya guuuuurl, I've nominated you for the liebster award. You can find the questions and everything on my blog :) xx
    http://ashleighrhiane.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/liebster-award-again.html

    ReplyDelete