Sunday 15 June 2014

Feeling Elusive




I know, I know, everyone and their mothers have been talking about the, not so recent, release of the Revlon Matte Balms. Now I looked at the colours intensely and quickly dismissed all of them. I'm not fond of bright colours or anything that's too loud but I was feeling particularly spendy one day and thought I'd give this shade a whirl.

Elusive is a very cool toned pink that looks different on pretty much everybody. The main reason I got this was because every blogger I saw marketed this as a really cool toned, pale pink so I thought it would be the perfect nudey pink for me, but this is far from the case.



Upon first application it gives off an almost neon vibe; very bright and very out of my comfort zone. However, I have to say I am really warming to this shade. Although it's not as pale/neutral as I had hoped for, it's very flattering nonetheless. I really enjoy pairing this with a winged eyeliner, cool blush and lengthy lashes. The pop of pink in a blush really compliments the pinks in the lipstick making it very wearable.


I briefly mentioned how this shade is really diverse; on pale complexions like mine it can come off very vibrant, however if you have a deeper skin tone it may be more of a nude pink for you. I have seen this on very olive toned complexion and I have to say it looks absolutely divine.

As for the actual formula though, I am pretty impressed. They are long lasting and wear really nicely on the lips. None of that typical flaky disgusting separation that can happen with matte lip colours. I think I will just pick my shades a bit more wisely next time. I think I'll be picking up the very peachy-nude shade (Complex, I think?) next time! Although their line up could do with a nude shade more suited to us pale gals!

Apologies for the state of my skin in these pictures I didn't really plan on taking these photos!

Have you tried the Matte Balms? Which one is your favourite? :)

Mwah
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment