Saturday 28 June 2014

How To ¦ Edit Your Instagram Photos

There are only a few things that frighten me in the world; rats and people who use only the Instagram app to take and edit their photos. *shudders* Admittedly I probably over think my Instagrams a little bit, but y'know you put these photos out for people to see you gotta make it worth the peoples time! So here's a lil step by step guide to edit/take your Insta's.

BACK IT UP

One thing I like to do is take a bunch of photos of whatever I'm Instagramming so that I have a variety to pick from when it comes to editing. I take them from different angles, focus on different points, try a few different backgrounds. I have found that the more monotone the background the better. I tend to opt for the white walls/doors of my bedroom or the black finish of my desk for the majority of my images. That way you get a real focus on whatever it is your taking a picture of.

VSCOCam 


Before you even start to even think of opening that Instagram app you gotta open the VSCO Cam app. This app kinda changed my life. Okay, maybe that's a little bit over dramatic but still, it's good! You can download it for free from the app store and it's a basic piece of editing software. You have your library where you images are stored, you import the images you want to edit into here. Then you click on the image, click on the little paint tool and pick a filter. I tend to go for T1 or F2. Pick your filter then press the little arrow at the bottom and click on the tool bar. Here you can do basic editing like crop, rotate, exposure etc. Once your done click the arrow again and click the little tick. This takes you back to your library, tap on your image again click the little box with an arrow and tap save to camera roll.



THAT BORDER THO


I quite like to add a white border to my photos to make them a little more uniform. For this I use InstaFrame. There is a wide varietyof frames to choose from but I just use a basic one. Click on the little square at the top thats green, then tap on the grey square that appears a go to your photo library to add the picture we just edited. Click on frame at the bottom of the screen and here you can edit the thickness, roundness and shadow that the frame has. I like a fairly thick frame with sharp edges and no shadows. Once your done click on a save and save to camera role.



INSTAGRAM THAT SHIZZ

Now you gotta upload that photo to Insta! Open up instragram click on the blue icon at the bottom and choose your image. You can add another filter here if you wish but I tend not too. I don't like for my image to become distorted with too many filters. Then think of a witty title and upload!


I hope this has helped you on how to edit/take your instagram photos! This is the general routine I go through when uploading them. Let me know how you get on!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment