Sunday 29 June 2014

The Low Down ¦ Foundation Round-Up

When it comes to foundation and choosing one I am fairly picky. I like a light, even coverage that is undetectable (in every sense of word) on the skin. Because of my fussy nature I often don't wear foundation on an everyday basis, I normally just stick to concealer. However I thought it would be rather interested to collect up all my foundations and give you the low down on what I like thus far. Just a little FYI this post won't contain any BB Creams, Tinted Moisturisers or CC Creams those will be coming soon on a separate post as they are a whole other kettle of fish!

RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION


You'll probably know that this is possibly one of my favourites of the bunch, that'll be if you've seen my post on my Summer Make-Up. This is relatively low coverage but there's definitely a little bit of magic in this bottle that just evens everything out. It has a lovely fresh scent that vanishes once the foundation quickly settles in. It has an almost satin/dewey finish that could possibly be matte depending on your skin type. I really like this for my dry skin but because my skin is also dehydrated no matter what foundation I use it just absorbs it so wear time is slightly below average but that's just standard for my skin. It's not noticeable on the skin and has no SPF. It's equipped with a handy pump that dispenses a little more product than what you need but that's fine. It's also a perfect colour match and if you're of a pale complexion you should definitely check this out.

RATING: 8/10

LANCOME TEINT MIRACLE


Oh jeeze, I so wanted to love this foundation. You can find my in depth review on this one here, but to be honest I don't think that's really valid any more. It has a heavy, heavy fragrance that is noticeable as soon as you pump some onto the back of your hand which I do not like. It does make me feel kind of old fashioned/grown up having a foundation that smells like this, but I just don't like it. It is of a medium and buildable coverage that is really detectable on the skin. It doesn't sink in as well as I like to think this is more due to my skin type and my skin care routine. As I mentioned I'm picky with foundations because they just don't really go with me. It takes a lot for me to like a foundation. It has SPF 15 with a pump; beautiful packaging aside I just don't rate this foundation at all. This is the palest of all the shade available and is just a little too yellow based for my skin.

RATING: 4/10

LOREAL TRUE MATCH


Once upona  time I had a little love affair with this foundation and it was the only one I would use. Oh how the times have changed. It has a tendency to become really cakey on my skin and just clings to dry patches that I didn't even know I had! It is a medium/buildable coverage but over time this foundation just gets worse as my skin produces its natural oils the foundation begins to break down and separate. And due to the quick-drying nature of this foundation it's impossible to buff it properly into the skin. You have to work incredibly quickly with this product as it has a fairly thick consistency. However there is no noticeable scent, it comes equipped with a pump and is a relatively good colour match. I can imagine this working very well if you have a more oily/combination skin type but for my dry skin it just wasn't working out.

RATING: 3/10


LILY LOLO MINERAL POWDER FOUNDATION


After deciding that liquid foundation don't really work for me any more I went in search for a mineral foundation. I had heard numerous good things about the Bare Minerals line but thought I'd try something a little more suited to pale complexions. Before researching mineral foundations I had not previously known about the brand Lily Lolo however I'm pleasantly surprised. This foundation has a beautiful satin finish to it, buffs in lovely to the skin and for a mineral powder is relatively easy to work with. It is beautifully packaged with a matte lid that has the Lily Lolo symbol embossed into it and has a wonderful contraption inside so that you can travel with it and it won't spill everywhere. I'd say it sits somehwere between a low-medium coverage. As for the colour match I'd say it's a shade too dark for me but considering we are now in Summer I can get away with it. I would say if you were thinking of buying this foundation research swatches extensively because as far as I'm aware it's only available online. Also be careful when applying as it can get a little too cakey if you over apply it in some areas.

RATING: 8/10

MAYBELLINE FIT ME


As you can see this is a little tester of the foundation, I got this about a year ago. I haven't committed to buying the full size because to be totally honest the shade range just doesn't excite me. There's nothing for my skin tone and the shade I have (115) is too dark and too orange for me. However the formulae is quite nice, it dries to a satin/dewey finish that can easily be powdered down. The nice watery texture allows for it to be buffed into the skin so that it applies nicely. I'd say it's a medium-ish coverage. If only they expanded their shade range.

RATING: 6/10

I have tried a few more foundations but just haven't committed to repurchasing them. Such as the Loreal Infalliable and the Maybelline Dream Satin. I hope you liked this run down on my foundations and that it helped you with your next purchase!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment