Monday 30 June 2014

The Review ¦ Not-So Bronzed Goddess


Something I never thought I would say is that I'm seriously getting into bronzer. I just love it. Gone are the days where I adore my pale complexion instead I'm opting for the orange hues to grace my cheeks. However trying to fulfil my love for all things bronzed has proven kind of tricky; given my awkward complexion, budget and there just not being many pale bronzer offerings on the high street I'm finding it quite hard to find my "perfect bronzer". 


One offering which I have found is George at Asda's Bronzer Duo in No 1 for Blondes. I have another George bronzer which I'm quite fond of as it is a matte colour but as of late it just hasn't been doing anything for me. This bronzer is a sort of highlight/bronzer shimmery contraption that can be used separately or swirl your brush in for an all over glow. I personally like to swirl my brush around picking up more of the highlight shade as it pales the bronzed shade down just a tad. Now this does have a little bit of shimmer in it that is noticeable on the skin but I've found that if I buff it out with my foundation/powder brush that most of the shimmer disappears leaving you glowy and not at all a rival contender for Edward Cullens doppelgänger.


You'll have to excuse my horrendous pores but I wanted you to see a close up of the product! This does have a slight orange hue to it which can be a bit too orange for my liking and it does have a tendency to go a little bit patchy throughout the day. I picked this up for a bargainous £1.50 and I believe it retails for about £4 which is pretty good! 



If you on the look out for a bronzer that is cheap then I would definitely try this one out because it won't be a total waste of money if you don't like it. Also just to note if I don't like a bronzer I never throw it away as I'm quite partial to using a bronzer all of my lid if I'm not particularly feeling eyeshadow that day or I use it as a transitional shade if I'm doing a heavy smokey eye! Remember that make-up products are multi-purpose people.

What's your favourite bronzer? I'm still on the look out for some more so recommend me some down below!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment