Friday 25 July 2014

The Skin-Care ¦ Updated Cleansing Routine




The other day I did an updated skin care post, which you can read all about here, where I mentioned I was only using 3 products post cleansing. I've never really gone through my cleansing routine in a post and I did say I would follow up that post with my cleansing routine so here we go!

Before I do anything I wash my hands. Normally when I wear make-up it's because I've had a busy day; I've been out and about, been to meetings/interviews/tutorials, let's just say I've been a busy bee. That a higher chance of getting all sorts of nasty germs on my hands that I don't want anywhere near my face. My skin is a precious vessel and should be treated as such. After I've washed my hands on move onto to actually removing my make-up. I'm not fussy when it comes to removing my make-up, surely as long as it gets rid of the make-up it's doing a good job, right? But I kinda stocked up on the Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Make-Up Remover. I soak a cotton pad in this and press it gently against my eye for about 30 seconds and wipe away. This just gets rid of the intial layer of eye make-up and really works at removing stubborn mascara. I then go in with the Simple Kind To Eyes - Eye Make-Up Remover. This is basically like water in a bottle and is really great at making sure every last scrap of make-up is off.

All my eye make-up is removed now it's time to start breaking down my base products. For an intial cleanse I use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I've never tried Bioderma but I've heard that this is basically the same thing for a fraction of the price. I soak a larger cotton wool pad in this and wipe it all over my face, neck, eyes, ears, back of my neck and my collar bone area. You work so hard at making sure everything is blended in you gotta work even harder to make sure you remove it properly! So I don't miss a spot.

At this point the majority of my make-up is well a truly gone. I take my No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion as my first cleanser. This works at breaking down the make-up in any areas that I have missed. I'm not committed to this 100%, the price and the smell is a big turn off for me, but I have a bottle of it and I'm trying to use it up. The Simple Cleanser does exactly the same, if not better, of a job. I smooth this into my skin (face, neck etc) and take a damp flannel/muslin cloth and begin to buff (polish) it away using circular motions. This just removes any excess make-up and incorporates a little bit of exfoliation into my routine. Double cleansing is important so I then go in with the No 7 Cleansing Balm (full review here) just to purify my skin. I then follow up with a spritz of a toner (tea tree water) and go on with my actual skin care.

When I write it down like this it kinda seems like a lot but it's really not. For me, it's a very simple process that I've spent the best part of a year trying to perfect. My skin still breaks out but this just makes sure that nothing gets too out of hand. I hope you learnt something from this or maybe you just enjoyed reading it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment